How to create your video submission:
- Please orient your camera horizontally.
- Read the following statement on camera before beginning your 180-second pitch: “My name is ____, my business is called ____, and this is my pitch for the Blueconomy - Blu Entrepreneurs Program.”
Video Content Instructions:
In 3-minutes or less video, tell us the following:
- Your idea
- The problem your business solves
- How you solve that problem
- Why you're solving this problem
- If we bring your idea to life, how will it help sisters and brothers within the community
- Where you'd like to see this idea in 5 years, what is your ultimate goal
- Tell us anything else you want to about the founders or the project
The video should be no more than three (3) minutes long and should be uploaded to YouTube. If you don’t want other people to find it, mark it as unlisted. Don’t mark it as private or disallow embedding, or we won’t be able to see it.
The video should contain nothing except the founders talking. No screenshots or postproduction editing please; we don’t want this to turn into a video making contest. If you’re going to spend time making something cool, put it into your demo/product.
Please do not recite a script written beforehand. Just talk spontaneously as you would to a friend. People delivering memorized speeches (or worse still, text read off the screen) usually come off as ignorant. Unless you’re a good enough actor to fake spontaneity, you lose more in the stilted delivery than you gain from a more polished message.
Please do not add any background music to your video. We regularly give up 10 seconds into a video because we can’t stand the random background music.
Before submitting the video, you should try playing it yourself, and check that you can hear what you’re saying. A significant fraction of the videos we get are inaudible. If you’re going to apply at all, you may as well apply with a video we can hear.
- 3 Minutes or less Video
- Upload to YouTube
- Title Format: "Your name, Business Name (Blueconomy - Blu Entrepreneurs Program)"
- Allow Embedding
- Only Founders Talking
- No Effects
- No Script
- No Music
- Check Audio
You’ve submitted your video pitch, what happens next?
A panel of judges selects 5 video pitches to compete in a final round. These finalists are announced on the app during December. You must be an active member in the Blueconomy community to win.